UTAH VALLEY (in-person)
ACTING FOR TEENAGER
1) Introduction to acting: The game approach. Actors are brave. Create a character. How to use physicality and vocal techniques to convey emotion, and how to connect with scene partners. Exercise to do at home for improvement.
2) Motion Picture acting VS Theatre acting.
3) Learning how to analyze scripts and analyze and develop characters. Some exercise to do at home for improvement.
4) Scene study: Students will work on scenes from films.
5) Improvisation: Students will practice thinking on their feet and developing their creativity through improvisational exercises and games.
6) Monologues: Students will work on finding and performing monologues that showcase their unique talents and abilities.
7) Auditioning: Students will learn how to prepare for auditions, including choosing appropriate material, developing the right attitude, and presenting themselves professionally.
8) Performance of 3 scenes: Students will have the opportunity to showcase their skills in a final performance recorded in front of the camera to build a personal Demo Reel of 3 different scenes.