UTAH VALLEY (in-person)
DIRECTING FOR TEENAGER
1) Introduction to directing: What is a director? Myth and Reality. Director of of Movies, Docs, Tv Shows and Commercials.
2) Students learn about the importance of script analysis and how to break down a script to understand its structure and meaning. (Breaking down a famous script or partial of a famous script).
3) They also learn about character development and how to create compelling and believable characters that resonate with audiences.
4) Students learn about blocking and staging, which involves planning and organizing actors' movements on stage or on camera. This module also covers camera angles, lighting, and other technical aspects of directing to know.
5) Importance of rehearsal techniques, including how to give effective feedback to actors and how to create a safe and supportive rehearsal environment (Rehearsing a famous movie scene).
7) The importance of collaboration and teamwork in the directing process, and how to work effectively with actors, crew, and other creative professionals.
8) Each candidate will record with a digital camera a scene (from a famous movie) for his/her Demoreel.